How to Set up Ford SYNC
Knowing how to set up Ford SYNC technology means enjoying the latest connectivity features through your smartphone, including: SYNC AppLink, Ford+Alexa, SYNC Connect FordPass, and SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot. We’re here to guide you through connecting your phone.
SYNC My Ride Setup
To set up SYNC My Ride, simply follow these easy steps:
- Create an account at the Ford Sync My Ride website.
- From the website, select “HELLO, YOUR NAME,” then choose “Your Settings.”
- Select the “Vehicles & SYNC” tab.
- Find “SYNC Mobile Settings and select “Add a Number.”
- Enter your phone number and a nickname to remember the phone by.
- Download and install the Ford Sync Destinations app to your phone.
- Enabled Bluetooth on your phone and connect automatically when you start your Ford.
Ford SYNC Features
- SYNC AppLink: Launch and control your top smartphone apps through voice commands or the built-in touchscreen.
- Ford+Alexa: Whether you want traffic information for Rice Lake or to shop on Amazon between Hayward and Cumberland, Alexa makes it happen. You’ll have up to 30,000 of her skills at your disposal, plus the ability to connect with supported smart home devices.
- SYNC Connect FordPass: For remote control and security, SYNC allows you to track your vehicle’s location, lock or unlock remotely, check vital service information and diagnostics, or even heat up the cabin before you slip inside.
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot: Catering for the whole family, SYNC Connect can connect with up to ten devices at once and provide access from up to 50 feet outside the vehicle. You’ll never want for a strong, secure connection to the web.
- SYNC 3 Android Auto/Apple CarPlay: Take and make calls, return missed calls, listen to your voicemail messages, access and stream your music, or send, read, and reply to your text messages. You can even access voice-guided navigation and live traffic reports.