The Best Off-Road Trucks from Chevy, Ram, and Ford
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2018 Ram 1500, and 2018 Ford F-150 are unquestionably the country’s top half-ton trucks, and within their ranks reside the best off-road trucks available, including:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
- Ram 1500 Rebel
- Ford F-150 Raptor
Let’s take a closer look at what each model can bring to the table.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ comes as standard with a 5.3L V8 rated at up to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, so it’s a 4×4 truck with plenty of muscle. When you add the Z71 off-road package, you’re equipped with:
- Off-Road Tuned Suspension with Rancho Shocks
- Skid Plates
- Hill Descent Control
- Class-Exclusive Locking Rear Differential
- Recovery Hooks
If you want to head from the roads of Hayward, Rice Lake, and Cumberland out into the backcountry or across unpaved roads, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 is a natural choice.
Ram 1500 Rebel
The Ram 1500’s off-road variant is known as the Rebel, and it’s a doozy. A 5.7L V8 comes standard for up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, and off-road features include:
- 17-Inch Wheels with All-Terrain Tires
- Bilstein Shock Absorbers
- LED Fog Lights
- Off-Road Ground Clearance of up to 10.3 Inches
- Class-Exclusive Standard Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension
Ford F-150 Raptor
The Ford F-150 uses its all-aluminum body to help achieve up to a best-in-class 3,270 pounds maximum payload and a best-in-class 13,200-pound maximum tow rating. The Ford F-150 Raptor carries a unique high-output 3.5L EcoBoost V6 capable of up to 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque, with features including:
- 3-Inch FOX Racing Shox with Custom Internal Bypass Technology
- Heavy Duty Steel Skid Plates
- Torque-On-Demand Transfer Case
- 9.4 inches of Ground Clearance, 25.7-Degree Approach Angle, and 26.8-Degree Departure Angle
Drive the Top 4×4 Off-Road Trucks Available
The Chevrolet Silverado, Ram 1500, and Ford F-150 are impressive as standard, but their best 4WD variants take you to a whole new realm of backcountry capability. Contact us today to find out more or arrange a test drive, or just visit one of our dealerships in Rice Lake, Hayward, or Cumberland.
Interested in a compact pickup that can handle any terrain? You’ll definitely want to take a closer look at the 2020 Jeep Gladiator configurations, too.