2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Specs
The Ford F-150 Lightning is the newest addition to the best-selling truck lineup in the United States, and this model is positively electric. In fact, the all-electric Lightning is completely gas-free for an ultra-efficient ride that doesn’t compromise on strength. Take a closer look at the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs below, and learn more with Don Johnson Motors.
Ford F-150 Lightning Performance
The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning highlights everything you love in a classic pickup, and adds cutting-edge EV technology into the mix. Take a look at some of the performance highlights:
- The Ford F-150 Lightning offers instantaneous torque with a set of two inboard motors, lending power to the standard 4×4 system.
- The advanced lithium-ion battery pack is protected from damage with a unique exostructure, located in between the frame rails. This means you can hit the off-road trails without holding back.
- Independent rear suspension reduces body roll and smooths out the roads while improving your handling, which results in unparalleled performance across any terrain.
Ford F-150 Lightning Range
The Ford F-150 Lightning range can be customized to suit your driving habits, so you’ll never run out of a charge when you need it. The standard-range battery delivers an EPA-estimated 230-mile range*. For higher mileage drivers in Hayward or Cumberland, opt for the available extended-range battery to achieve the maximum Ford F-150 Lightning range of 300 miles*. Plus, the available Ford Intelligent Backup Power offers full-home power for up to three days on your charged battery – or as many as 10 days total!**
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Time and Features
While the Ford F-150 Lightning charge time will depend on your setup, the available extended-range 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro allows you to plug in directly to your home. The battery’s dual-onboard chargers deliver a full charge overnight with peak power of 19.2 kW. These features also add to the Lightning charging time and overall driving experience:
- Intelligent Range is a smart system to help you keep track of your energy usage. This technology calculates your range based on weather, traffic, grade, payload, towing weights, and more.
- FordPass Power My Trip allows you to plan your trip seamlessly, mapping out your route and highlighting charging stations along the way.
- Pro Power Onboard delivers an available 9.6 kW of maximum power through 11 outlets in total – including 120V outlets throughout the cabin and a 240V in the bed for tougher tasks.
Test Drive a New Ford Today
You’ve gotten to know the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs, but what else do you want to know about this upcoming model? Contact us at Don Johnson Motors with any questions, or stop by our Cumberland, Hayward, or Rice Lake, WI location to learn about our current Ford F-150 lease deals!
*Excludes Platinum models. Based on full charge. U.S. EPA-targeted range based on analytical projection consistent with US EPA combined drive cycle. Actual range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health. Final EPA-estimated ratings available in 2022 calendar year.
**When home is properly equipped and home transfer switch disconnects home from the grid. Based on 30 kW use per day using the F-150 Lightning with the extended-range battery. Your results may vary depending on energy usage.