2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
It’s no secret that the Chevy Silverado is one of America’s most-revered vehicles. Indeed, here in greater Wisconsin, many of us pride ourselves on our brand loyalty. Sometimes, an upgrade is simply nice. Well, in the case of the 2022 Silverado vs. 2021 Silverado, you’ll be glad to know that this truck delivers the same kind of value and dependable performance, with impressive towing and hauling capabilities! Want to learn more about what’s changed for 2022? Contact us. You’re also more than welcome to visit one of our locations in Cumberland, Hayward, or Rice Lake, WI for a test-drive.
Engine Options: Towing Capacity
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is dependent on which engine option you choose. There are several:
- 6.2L V8 Engine w/Dynamic Fuel Management: While the output of 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque carries over, this engine offers additional towing capacity that tops out at 13,300 pounds!
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: Diesel is far from dead in the Chevy truck lineup, with this available diesel inline six producing a buttery smooth 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is up to 9,300 pounds, which is more than enough to make anyone want to opt for the towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Delivers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque and features an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- 5.3 EcoTec3 V8 w/Dynamic Fuel Management & Auto Start/Stop: Delivers 335 hp and 383 lb-ft per foot of torque and is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- 5.3 EcoTec3 V8 w/Dynamic Fuel Management: Also boasts 335 hp and 383 lb-ft per foot of torque, but offers the added control of a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- 6.2L V8 Engine w/Dynamic Fuel Management & Auto Start/Stop: This small block V8 makes 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, is matched with a 10-speed automatic transmission, and can tow up to 9,100 pounds.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity: Towing Features
It’s not just the Silverado 1500 towing capacity and Silverado 1500 payload you’ll like. There are plenty of options when it comes to towing features, too. Here are just two of the most popular with Wisconsin truck shoppers:
- Towing Performance Tech- Trailer Sway Control, Hill Start Assist and Auto Grade Braking all make navigating the roads of Rice Lake easier with your trailer.
- In-Vehicle Trailering System- Includes pre-departure checklists, trailer lighting diagnostics, trailer tire pressure and temperature, and the ability to sync trailer profiles with the myChevrolet Mobile App.
Find Your Capable Chevy Silverado With Don Johnson Motors!
Looking to see for yourself what the power of a vehicle as capable as the Silverado 1500 can do on Wisconsin roads? Visit a Don Johnson Motors location near you today! Meanwhile, we invite you to explore our car payment calculator to see how much your next truck could cost. If you’re ready to buy, and are so inclined, you can also take advantage of our vehicle pickup and delivery service!
More from Don Johnson Motors
It’s that time of year when there’s a nip in the air, beautiful colors on every tree, and lots of fall fun to be had. The pumpkin patches near Rice Lake have it all, from hay rides to corn mazes and animal petting zoos. Take a break from football and bring the whole family out to…
There are truck bed sizes, and truck bed dimensions and each is a little different from the other. The dimensions, or measurements, of a truck bed will depend on the size you choose. Common truck bed size options include short beds, standard beds, or long beds. Don Johnson Motors is here to help you choose the right…
It’s no secret that the Chevy Silverado is one of America’s most-revered vehicles. Indeed, here in greater Wisconsin, many of us pride ourselves on our brand loyalty. Sometimes, an upgrade is simply nice. Well, in the case of the 2022 Silverado vs. 2021 Silverado, you’ll be glad to know that this truck delivers the…