2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in the market for a new RAM truck, you may have asked yourself, “How much can a 2020 RAM 1500 tow?” Don Johnson Motors has the answer! The RAM 1500 was awarded best-in-class V8 engine towing capacity by industry experts because it has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Read about the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity here, and then visit Don Johnson Motors to explore the RAM 1500 in person.
2020 RAM 1500 Capabilities and Performance
The 2020 RAM 1500 comes with several powerful engine options for Rice Lake drivers. Each RAM engine is paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission to provide top performance on Hayward roads. The 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity varies from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on which trim you choose. These are the engine specs:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Provides up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 12,560 pounds — that’s the highest diesel tow rating in its class!
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8: Provides up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and has a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Boosts towing capacity up to 12,750 pounds.
2020 RAM 1500 Features for Easier Towing
The 2020 RAM 1500 has some extraordinary towing features that make it easier and safer to haul a boat or trailer. Check out the towing features below:
- Biggest-in-Class Brakes: The 2020 RAM 1500 has 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate provides a 60/40 split gate, providing more ways to use the truck bed while still being able to handle the heaviest loads.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This unique transmission works together with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 get up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This feature watches your blind spots for you, and even takes into consideration trailer length.
Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Don Johnson Motors
Now that you no longer need to wonder about the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity, are you ready to take one on a test drive? If so, head into Don Johnson Motors near Cumberland. Our sales and finance specialists will help you find the right truck for your needs and budget. Give us a call today!
More From Don Johnson Motors
There are truck bed sizes, and truck bed dimensions and each is a little different from the other. The dimensions, or measurements, of a truck bed will depend on the size you choose. Common truck bed size options include short beds, standard beds, or long beds. Don Johnson Motors is here to help you choose the right…
It’s no secret that the Chevy Silverado is one of America’s most-revered vehicles. Indeed, here in greater Wisconsin, many of us pride ourselves on our brand loyalty. Sometimes, an upgrade is simply nice. Well, in the case of the 2022 Silverado vs. 2021 Silverado, you’ll be glad to know that this truck delivers the…
From the GMC Sierra Texas Edition to the GMC Sierra Denali, there have been plenty of impressive GMC Sierra 1500 trim levels available over the years. But what are thenew GMC Sierra trim levels for the 2022 model year? There’s something unique available for every kind of Wisconsin truck shopper, you included. Ready to…