2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Looking for a new pickup truck that has the chops to help you tow more around Rice Lake? Whether you need a new truck to make the Rice Lake commute more bearable or something to help with on-the-job towing and hauling, the new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 has you covered. Thanks to smart engineering, the new GMC Sierra 1500 offers an impressive 13,400-pound maximum towing capacity. Want to learn all about the GMC Sierra 1500 near Hayward? Read on!
How Much Can the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
The new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is able to confidently tow up to 13,400 pounds when you opt for the Double Cab, a standard cargo box, and a 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. You’ll also need to opt for the Max Trailering Package to be able to tow 13,400 pounds. Not in dire need of that much towing capacity? Talk to one of our GMC brand experts at Don Johnson Motors about all your different trim choices, engine options, and more, to see how each choice affects how much the Sierra can tow.
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to and including a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel-drive or two-wheel drive
- Cab Style: Crew Cab, Double Cab, or Regular Cab
Interested in the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity when you choose the Crew Cab? Choosing this option will provide you a towing capacity between 6,500 to 12,100 pounds. With the Double Cab, conversely, you can tow 6,600 to 13,400 pounds.
Available 2020 Sierra Towing Features
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Max Trailering Package: This package is required for the Sierra 1500 to reach the maximum 13,400-pound towing capacity. It includes a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, plus revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: The Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode makes automatic adjustments to the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on the driving mode you’re using at the time in your Sierra.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: You can monitor and control the trailer brakes on your SIerra with conveniently-located brake control buttons near the center console.
- Trailering Camera Package: Changing lanes and reversing has never been as easy as it is with this package. It equips two side-view cameras that help you maintain increased visibility when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with an extra trailer-mounted camera for even greater safety.
What is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The ProGrade Trailering System available on the new GMC Sierra 1500 gives you access to innovative towing technology that makes use of cameras, integrated smartphone apps, and your infotainment display to make towing through Hayward easy.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Use this feature which displays dynamic gridlines and offers zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer more easily with technology!
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: The trailer light sequence test lets you test your trailer lets before hitting the road in Cumberland or beyond, even when driving alone.
- In-Vehicle Trailering and Phone Apps: From Trailer Theft Detection to programmable trailer brake settings, and more, this suite of apps make driving easier in the Sierra 1500.
Learn More About the 2020 Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity and Specs
Want to learn all there is to know about the new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 and how it compares to the competition? From additional towing or hauling information to engine specs and safety features, we’re happy to help however possible! Browse our new GMC Sierra inventory online, then feel free to reach out to us with questions or to apply for financing. We look forward to further assisting you with your new truck needs soon here at Don Johnson Motors!
More From Don Johnson Motors
The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick pickup truck not only offers incredible power and handling, but great interior features, safety, and much more. For Hayward drivers who are looking for a new capable pickup truck, start by exploring the 2022 Ford Maverick specs. At Don Johnson Motors, we’ll help you explore the Ford Maverick engine specs and much…
The Ford F-150 Lightning is the newest addition to the best-selling truck lineup in the United States, and this model is positively electric. In fact, the all-electric Lightning is completely gas-free for an ultra-efficient ride that doesn’t compromise on strength. Take a closer look at the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs below, and learn…
The new Ford F-150 Lightning offers an electric twist to one of the most popular pickup models in the world, and this gas-free trim is available in four different series to suit your preferences. From the Pro to the Platinum, which of the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning configurations is right for you? Explore the…