2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds. In addition to its impressive towing ability, it also provides Cumberland-area drivers with a payload capacity of up to 2,543 pounds. This pickup was designed with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and it is well-equipped with numerous towing features. Because of this, the Chevy Silverado is one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks on the market today. Don Johnson Motors has the details on the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and its various amenities.
2020 Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine Choice
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance capability is achieved by the stellar lineup of Silverado engines:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This is the standard base engine, which is able to deliver 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. When you choose this engine, the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine is capable of generating 285 hp. What’s even better? You can also expect a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: This optional engine for the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. You will be able to tow 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow the maximum 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim) when equipped with this particular engine. By choosing the V8, you can take advantage of 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Hayward-area drivers also have a diesel powertrain option that is capable of towing up to 9,400 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque when you hit the streets.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to handle even the toughest tasks at the jobsite. That is why it has been outfitted with several features to make towing and hauling as hassle-free as possible. Make towing a breeze with the following amenities:
- Trailering Package: You will find this feature standard on the Chevy Silverado 1500. This package consists of a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package is an available option for some trim levels. Opt for this add-on to have the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories. This can make towing even safer everywhere you go.
Take the 2020 Chevy Silverado for a Spin at Don Johnson Motors
If you would like to see all that the Chevy Silverado 1500 has in store, be sure to set up your test drive at Don Johnson Motors. Contact us today with any questions. Our team would also be glad to guide you through the financing process or discuss the Silverado bed sizes.
More From Don Johnson Motors
Looking for a new pickup truck that has the chops to help you tow more around Rice Lake? Whether you need a new truck to make the Rice Lake commute more bearable or something to help with on-the-job towing and hauling, the new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 has you covered. Thanks to smart engineering, the new GMC…
On the hunt for a new SUV that’s distinctive, bold, and spacious without breaking the bank? The new Chevrolet Blazer is where it’s at for Rice Lake SUV shoppers. The interior of the 2020 Chevy Blazer is an especially great space to stretch out. Whether taking a long trip through Rice Lake out of town or dropping…
The Chevy Equinox is a popular pick with Rice Lake and Hayward drivers for its plush cabin and terrific gas mileage. And with 10 different paint choices to explore, it’s easy to find a model that suits your personality! From Iridescent Pearl to Mosaic Black and every hue in between, the 2020 Chevy Equinox colors offer…