2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds. In addition to its impressive towing ability, it also provides Cumberland-area drivers with a payload capacity of up to 2,543 pounds. This pickup was designed with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and it is well-equipped with numerous towing features. Because of this, the Chevy Silverado is one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks on the market today. Don Johnson Motors has the details on the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and its various amenities.
2020 Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine Choice
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance capability is achieved by the stellar lineup of Silverado engines:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This is the standard base engine, which is able to deliver 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. When you choose this engine, the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine is capable of generating 285 hp. What’s even better? You can also expect a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: This optional engine for the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. You will be able to tow 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow the maximum 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim) when equipped with this particular engine. By choosing the V8, you can take advantage of 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Hayward-area drivers also have a diesel powertrain option that is capable of towing up to 9,400 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque when you hit the streets.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to handle even the toughest tasks at the jobsite. That is why it has been outfitted with several features to make towing and hauling as hassle-free as possible. Make towing a breeze with the following amenities:
- Trailering Package: You will find this feature standard on the Chevy Silverado 1500. This package consists of a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package is an available option for some trim levels. Opt for this add-on to have the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories. This can make towing even safer everywhere you go.
Take the 2020 Chevy Silverado for a Spin at Don Johnson Motors
If you would like to see all that the Chevy Silverado 1500 has in store, be sure to set up your test drive at Don Johnson Motors. Contact us today with any questions. Our team would also be glad to guide you through the financing process or discuss the Silverado bed sizes.
More From Don Johnson Motors
The Chevy Blazer is back, and it’s bolder than ever! It’s sophisticated, yet athletic, exterior is sure to gain more than a few admiring glances on the roads of Rice Lake, and the 2020 Chevy Blazer exterior colors are just one of the many reasons so many people are falling in love with this stellar…
Are you dreaming of driving a new light-duty but tough pickup truck around Rice Lake? If so, check out the 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels. With six trim models starting at only $34,145 MSRP, there’s a vast selection of features, configurations, and prices to choose from. Read more about the 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels below. View…
Are you looking for a midsize pickup truck in the Rice Lake area that is stylish, bold, and can handle heavy loads? The Ford Ranger’s towing capacity is 7,500 pounds, and the Ranger’s max payload is 1,860 pounds, best in its class! All things considered, the 2020 Ford Ranger is everything that Hayward drivers want in a…