2019 Jeep Cherokee Engines and Performance Details
Check out everything from the 2019 Jeep Cherokee engines to its tow ratings and you’ll recognize that this is an SUV dedicated to top-tier performance and capability.
Jeep Cherokee Towing Capacity and Power
2019 Jeep Cherokee engine options include:
- 2.4L Tigershark Multiair: Uses dual variable valve timing and a flow-control valve intake manifold to produce up to 180 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque, in addition to offering a driving range of up to 489 highway miles on a single tank.
- 3.2L Pentastar V6: A sophisticated control strategy cuts off fuel flow and turns the engine off when the vehicle brakes to a stop. It makes up to 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L Turbo: Command up to 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque from the 2019 Cherokee’s powerful turbo engine while making up to 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.
With that kind of power and its beck and call, you shouldn’t be surprised to hear that the Jeep Cherokee can tow up to 4,500 pounds when properly equipped. Even the 2.4L Tigershark can tow up to 2,000 pounds.
2019 Jeep Cherokee Off-Road Capability
Opt for the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk if you want Trail Rated capability — the Trail Rated badge indicates superior traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording abilities.
Other off-road features of the Trailhawk include:
- Three state-of-the-art 4×4 systems.
- Jeep Selec-Terrain Traction Management System with Auto, Sport, Snow, Sand/Mud and Rock modes.
- Tow hooks
- 1-inch suspension lift for added ground clearance
- 51.2:1 crawl ratio to help navigate rough or uneven terrain.
Whether cruising from Rice Lake to Hayward or exploring the backcountry around Cumberland, the Jeep Cherokee continues offering impressive performance without breaking a sweat.
Experience the New Jeep Cherokee at Don Johnson Motors
Learn More About the Jeep Cherokee
Check out everything from the 2019 Jeep Cherokee engines to its tow ratings and you’ll recognize that this is an SUV dedicated to top-tier performance and capability. View Inventory Learn More Jeep Cherokee Towing Capacity and Power 2019 Jeep Cherokee engine options include: 2.4L Tigershark Multiair: Uses dual variable valve timing and a flow-control valve intake…
View Inventory Learn More The 2019 Jeep Cherokee is a commanding SUV with plenty of power beneath the hood, but the interior is surprisingly stylish and refined. While it offers the backcountry capability for which Jeep is known, it combines that with a versatile, family-friendly interior and plenty of touches that you might expect from…
View Inventory Learn More The 2019 Jeep Cherokee‘s safety features display a commitment to keeping drivers safei n a variety of circumstances. In addition to coming equipped with a variety of passive safety features, it also includes technology that is ready to leap into action should the worst happen. Jeep Cherokee Safety Highlights SafetyTec Group…