2019 Ford Ranger Towing Capacity
When measured according to SAE J2807 standards, the 2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity tops out at 7,500 pounds! That makes it one of the top performers in the competitive midsize truck segment. It can handle an impressive 3,500 pounds without upgrades, and since the Trailer Tow package is available across the lineup, it’s easy to reach the maximum.
2019 Ford Ranger Engine
- 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine with Twin-Scroll Turbocharger
- 270 horsepower
- 310 lb-ft. of torque
- 4×2 fuel economy of up to 21 mpg city, 26 mpg highway
Towing Features in the New Ford Ranger
- 4×4 with Neutral Towing Capability – Although a 4×2 powertrain is standard, 4×4 with Neutral Towing Capability is available across the lineup. This feature goes the extra mile to keep all four wheels level on solid ground when you’re tackling curves on the highway.
- Trailer Sway Control – If left unchecked, a little trailer sway can quickly destabilize a pickup. Every Ranger includes Trailer Sway Control, which uses carefully-calibrated, computer-controlled braking to stop balance issues before they become noticeable.
- BLIS® Blind Spot Information System – Towing safely on the Rice Lake or Cumberland streets becomes a whole lot easier when you’ve got an extra eye on your blind spots. This available automatic system will alert you if there’s anyone in this hard-to-see area.
- Electronic 10-Speed Transmission with Tow/Haul Mode – The impressive Ranger engine is always paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. With the press of a button, you can enable a Tow/Haul mode that optimizes your shift points for heavy-duty performance.
The Trailer Tow package includes a 7-wire harness, a 4-/7-pin connector, and a hitch receiver. You won’t need to equip it in order to tow, but you’ll need it if you want to see everything the Ranger can do.
2019 Ford Ranger Payload Specs and Truck Bed Sizes
Of course, the Ranger towing capacity isn’t the only feature that’s made this truck so well-liked among drivers in northern Wisconsin. This year’s Ranger might be smaller than the F-150, but it still offers two compelling truck bed sizes. Opt for the SuperCab to receive a 6-foot bed, or choose the SuperCrew® for more passenger space, and receive a 5-foot bed instead.
Although the 2019 Ford Ranger payload specs vary between trims–depending on the weight of the model itself–you’ll enjoy a maximum capacity of 1,860 pounds. With up to 51.8 cubic feet of in-bed cargo space, you’ll be able to take on any challenge.
Interested in learning more? Check out our guide to the Ford Ranger cargo capacity before you experience it in person!
Find a New Ford Ranger with Don Johnson Motors!
Ready to find out what the 2019 Ford Ranger can really do? Although we can’t hook up a trailer for you, we can certainly let you test drive any new Ford Ranger for sale at Don Johnson Motors! Still not sure if it’s the right pickup for you? Compare it to the Chevy Colorado before you find your local dealership. Contact us today to get started.
More Ford Ranger Model Features
The 2019 Ford Ranger pickup truck can do it all! Whether you’re out to tow heavy equipment or you’re hoping to break free from the pavement, you’ll love what it can do to improve your daily drives. However, just about every driver we know needs to be able to carry lots of cargo without hooking…
When measured according to SAE J2807 standards, the 2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity tops out at 7,500 pounds! That makes it one of the top performers in the competitive midsize truck segment. It can handle an impressive 3,500 pounds without upgrades, and since the Trailer Tow package is available across the lineup, it’s easy to…
If you’ve been searching for information on 2019 Ford Ranger mpg, you’re certainly not the only one! After all, we’re talking about the vehicle that Car and Driver called “the new mid-size-truck efficiency champion,” after they studied its EPA fuel economy estimates. New Ford Inventory 2019 Ranger Details What is the Fuel Economy of a…
The 2019 Ford Ranger interior gives this midsize pickup truck an outsized personality! Whether you’re looking for advanced interior features, high-quality materials, or space for the whole crew, it’s easy to find a Ranger that’s right for you. Explore the 2019 Ford Ranger interior specs and features with Don Johnson Motors, and then find out how it…